Thursday, June 17, 2010

Whenever I straighten/blow dry my hair it gets poofy!?

So when I straighten/blow dry my hair, it gets poofy, even air dry, I try everything and it dosen't work! Sooooooo Help???



Whenever I straighten/blow dry my hair it gets poofy!?

I'm assuming you have thick, curly hair (or very wavy).



First of all, you must make sure that your hair is well conditioned. You need to condition in the shower and also use a leave-in conditioner. There are also straightening creams that you apply to the hair. This will prevent the hair from frizzing out, and will also keep it from becoming horribly damaged. Also, you need a good quality hair dryer and straightening iron.



Here's what you should do once you step out of the shower:



1. Apply straightening cream/leave-in conditioner. Make sure you apply from the roots to the tips, evenly.



2. Blow dry: Make sure you have a round metallic brush. Heat it up with the blow dryer, and then run it through your hair, while leaving the blow dryer right above the brush. Drying in layers, carefully the first few times makes things easier. The straightening cream might steam a bit. Don't worry--your hair isn't burning. Your head should look very poofy at the end of this process.



3. Straighten your hair. Straighten small amounts of hair at a time. If you straighten larger amounts, or try to straighten too quickly, you will get uneven straightening, which will just cause the hair to look horrible.



If you still can't figure it out, it's definitely worth going to a stylist and shelling out the money once, to have her straighten it, and watch her technique. Most stylist are more than happy to help you out!



Whenever I straighten/blow dry my hair it gets poofy!?

You should try hair serum, and sometimes even the straightener can be the problem. Cheap straighteners sometimes dont straighten hair well and make it poof.



Whenever I straighten/blow dry my hair it gets poofy!?

Try using a straightening cream before, or using a leave in conditioner. Use a heat protectant, like tresemme spray. Also, angle the dryer so youre blowing it down along the strands, this closes the cuticles of the hair making it less prone to frizz. Blast it with a shot of cold air if you have it on your dryer. Use a shiny serum after, like kiwi blow silk or john frieda. Hope this helps!



Whenever I straighten/blow dry my hair it gets poofy!?

I use an anti-frizz serum. Also if you have curly hair you should use a difuser. If you are wanting straight hair then you should use a straightening iron that is ceramic. They are expensive for the good ones but they are better on your hair. Also you can try a little leave in conditioner.



Whenever I straighten/blow dry my hair it gets poofy!?

Get a better conditioner.



Whenever I straighten/blow dry my hair it gets poofy!?

Blow-drying/straightening your hair damages it, which will make it get really poofy. Try not to blow-dry or straighten it more than once a week, and use some really good conditioner.



Whenever I straighten/blow dry my hair it gets poofy!?

How to depoof Poofy hair %26amp; how to style Poofy hair



http://homebeautytips.blogspot.com/2007/...



How to Straighten your Hair With a Flat Iron



http://homebeautytips.blogspot.com/2007/...



Whenever I straighten/blow dry my hair it gets poofy!?

Always use straightening serum- I like Enjoy's straightener. Also, if you're using a hot iron, never EVER use it on completley dry hair.



If you're using a hair dryer and brush to straighten, use the Enjoy with Redkin's (#2) blow dry lotion. That stuff is amazing.



When you're done straightening, run a little Biosilk through your hair and use a touchable (or flexable) hold hairspray. I also use Alafaparf's shine spray- it smells amazing and makes your hair silky.



I know it sounds like a lot of product, but it's what I use on my hair and I have very thick, very wavy hair... and I can get it pin straight, frizz free, and touchably soft. =)



Best of luck =)



Whenever I straighten/blow dry my hair it gets poofy!?

Dry hair tends to be thin and rough so try washing less often .To prevent your hair from becoming dry and brittle,avoid using hot curling irons, bleaching and perming .Check out http://solutionsfordryhair.blogspot.com/ for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
child tax credit