Saturday, November 28, 2009

How can I get rid of my dry, poofy hair?

Try Bed Head Moisture Maniac and Bed Head After Party.



How can I get rid of my dry, poofy hair?

sunsilk anti-poof line. its all blue shampoos, conditioners, and leave in conditioners. it works pretty good:)



How can I get rid of my dry, poofy hair?

sister, welcome to my cold, harsh world. if you have curl, don't flat iron it a lot! that'll only make hair even drier and further damage it. same goes for any other hot tool. use a good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner (nexxus has an awesome line of moisturizing shampoo and conditioner) and wash don't wash every day! use a deep conditioning treatment at least once a week and let it sit in your hair for 20 minutes. to style hair, use an olive-oil based shine serum and apply it to the ends and use lots and lots of mouse to cut down the poof and frizz factor.



good luck!



How can I get rid of my dry, poofy hair?

Shave!



How can I get rid of my dry, poofy hair?

shampoo for dry damaged hair - deep condition at least every 3 weeks. Always use a conditioner! Try a leave in conditioner and some biosilk shine(very little) after you wash your hair and let id dry naturally. If your hair is curly you may also want to try a very small amount of hair polish to keep the curls looking pretty and not dry or poofy.



How can I get rid of my dry, poofy hair?

A razor should do the trick.



Just kidding!



Move to Oregon where it's more humid!



How can I get rid of my dry, poofy hair?

oh god i have the same problem. i'm still looking for answers but i can tell you not to get that sunsilk sh!t. i've tried anti-poof and moisturizing and it only does the complete opposite. good luck finding other things though!



How can I get rid of my dry, poofy hair?

Poofy hair, I love that one, I also heard it before. Sounds like too short of a layering on top. Use some sort of palm-aid or styling wax. The weather in your area has a lot to do with the type of product you use, so ask people around your neighborhood what they use for ''poofy hair'', If the wax you use is too heavy then use less and work it through more. Yes, Bed Head is great stuff



How can I get rid of my dry, poofy hair?

Thats what I have, dry,poofy hair. What I do to tame it is after showering i towel dry a little, brush it and then add hair gel. Then I just leave it to do as it pleases. My hair is long and curly, so usually it just leaves nice curls. If I dont add any products to my hair, then it is so dry and poofy I dont even want to go out in public.



How can I get rid of my dry, poofy hair?

shave it and buy wig



How can I get rid of my dry, poofy hair?

Infusium 23.



How can I get rid of my dry, poofy hair?

Use the shampoos and conditioners that are designed for straightening hair. These do a great job in retexturing the dry hair. That said, try Sunsilk lines. In fact, Sunsilk has a line for Poofy hair that is great. Also, use Kerastase Oleo-Relax serum. It is expensive, but does miracles for dry and damaged hair-



How can I get rid of my dry, poofy hair?

You can use the sunsilk hairapy product line. They have one for actual anti-poof. There is shampoo, conditioner, 24-7 creme, and a masque. Follow the directions and it should help. I'm not saying you'll ever have model/actress worthy hair but it will be much more tamable and managable.



How can I get rid of my dry, poofy hair?

First, if it's processed, (coloured, permed, flattened, whatever), all that processed hair is worse, and you should get it cut off.



Starting with a good, short, versatile haircut is important.



Don't use heated tools to style your hair. If you must do, be sure to use a pre-heat conditioner.



Look for the word 'humectant' in your hair products -- this attracts and binds moisture. If you live somewhere humid, take advantage of nature, and use moisurising styling mousse or gel, but stay away from spray.



If you live somewhere dry, try shampooing less often. Wash your hair with water, but no shampoo, every other time, and decrease the number of times you shampoo until your hair stays fairly soft. Be sure to use a humectant shampoo for very dry hair. The reason to skip the shampoo is that the detergents which get hair clean also strip natural oils. Your hair is too dry. Washing with clean water doesn't strip the oils. Just make sure to massage your scalp, and distribute natural oils throughout your hair. You'll be surprised how much you don't need to shampoo.



If your hair is exposed to any sunshine, you need a sunscreen conditioner. Most conditioners have sunscreen in. Since you don't shampoo every day, use a light conditioner, with a light hand. Once a week, use a deep, leave-in conditioner, after shampooing.



Don't assume more expensive means 'better'. BUT don't just buy any old products. It's useful to take your shampoo and conditioner to a licenced cosmetologist (USA), or look it up yourself on the 'net (UK) -- sorry... a pharmacist wouldn't know, here... grrr -- and find out what the ingredients are, and what they do. Paraffin, for example, appears in many conditioners. That's just wax. It doesn't wash off with water, and looks dull, but it will weigh your hair down.



Well-informed is well armed, when it comes to anything you use on your hair, skin, or nails. (Scalp, rather than hair). Learning a bit of chemistry isn't a bad idea.



If worst comes to worst, shaving your head, and wearing wigs isn't a bad option! I keep mine short, and wear wigs, so I don't have to process it, after 35 years of doing my own and my mates' hair. This way, I can produce any length, colour, and style, by opening a box.



LOL



How can I get rid of my dry, poofy hair?

I have thick, dry, coarse hair and prefer to use thick conditioners like Sunsilk. They have one now specifically called Anti-Poof. I use leave in conditioner and then mousse to hold my hair. Then don't touch it! I think the biggest key to keeping frizz down is not to touch your hair after that 'window of time' after showering has passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
child tax credit